- Follow her as she prepares and partakes the "bread for the stomach" in http://beforesixdiet.
blogspot.com/. And while you are full at it, she offers you the "bread for the soul" in her travels by foot and by thoughts in http://footandfire. blogspot.com/Happy Reading!
Friday, January 15, 2010
Buko-Lychee Jelly Dessert
This light and yummy dessert is an alternative to the usual heavy creamed and mayo-laden macaroni-fruit salad. If you love the Buko-Lychee combi for your shake, try this one out, and i'm sure you will love it. The jelly pack is cheap and this recipe can be budget friendly too.
3 small packs powdered jelly (green or no color)
3 shredded buko
2 cans lychee
18 cups buko water and lychee water
2 to 3 cups sugar
1. In a large sauce pan, place the buko and lychee water and dissolve the powdered jelly and sugar. stir and let stand for 5 minutes.
2. put over strong fire and when heated but not boiling, mix in the buko and the lychee. let boil once and stir constantly.
3. remove from fire and place in the molding plate.
4. Let cool and freeze; the colder the better.
Eat all you can.
Makes 2 1/2 galloon (i use ice cream canister to mold) of jelly.