- Follow her as she prepares and partakes the "bread for the stomach" in http://beforesixdiet.
blogspot.com/. And while you are full at it, she offers you the "bread for the soul" in her travels by foot and by thoughts in http://footandfire. blogspot.com/Happy Reading!
Thursday, January 28, 2010
My version of Charlie Chan Chicken Pasta
1 kg. cooked spaghetti pasta (angel hair pasta, may be good)
9 tbsp sesame oil
5 tbsp Hoisin sauce (Lee Kum Kee)
1 tbsp Chili Garlic Sauce (Lee Kum Kee)
3/4 cup Premium Soy Sauce (Lee Kum Kee)
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sugar (mascuvado)
2/3 cup olive oil
2 pieces onion, cubed
4 cloves garlic, crushed and cubed
1 whole chicken breast (boiled and cubed)
mushrooms, 250g Shiitake mushroom and 250g button mushroom
(Soak in water if dried and cubed)
ground peanuts for granish
1. Cook the pasta as per package direction.
2. Mix all ingredients for sauce. Make sure the mascuvado sugar is dissolved well. Set the mixture aside.
3. Saute garlic and onion in olive oil. Then add the chicken and cook it until brown and add the mushrooms. Let cook.
4. Add the sauce mixture to the chicken and mushroom and let it simmer.
5. Mix the sauce on top of cooked pasta. Sprinkle with ground peanuts for garnish. Serve immediately.